A valuable resource to a practicing radiation oncologist, resident in radiation oncology, fellow in any oncology discipline, or a student of medicine, nursing, physics, dosimetry, or therapy, covering the issues most pertinent to patients undergoing radiation therapy.
Handbook of Radiation Oncology covers general oncologic principles, workup, staging, and multidisciplinary aspects of treatment, basic principles of physics and radiobiology, and specific technologies including brachytherapy, radiosurgery, and unsealed sources.
This latest update is based on the 1st
edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates!
- Useful for a broad range of professionals, including radiation and medical oncologists, residents and fellows, medical students, physicists, dosimetrists, therapists, and nurses.
- Covers general oncologic principles, workup, staging, and multidisciplinary aspects of treatment.
- Focused on those issues most pertinent to patients undergoing radiation therapy.
- A few specific sections covered include :
- Physics of Radiation Oncology
- Classic and Molecular Biological Basis of Radiation Oncology
- Clinical Principals of Radiation Oncology and Multidisciplinary Care
- Radiation Oncology Treatment of All Major Cancers including Head and Neck, Central Nervous System, Lung, Pediatrics, Breast, Gastrointestinal, Genitourinary, Gynecological, Lymphomas, and others.
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Palliative Care and Oncologic Emergencies