MedSurg Notes provides succinct, on-the-spot guidance for caring for patients with complex medical-surgical conditions. MedSurg Notes offers focused assessments, immediate interventions, and follow-up care for patients who develop complications, all presented from the nurse's point of view. This latest update is based on the 2nd
edition and it includes additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates!
The completely revised and updated it includes new sections on Renal and Endocrine, assessment how-to’s, delegation and critical thinking guides, expanded coverage of pain management and emergencies, and more lab and diagnostic tests. From setting up an oxygen delivery system in a hospital room to administering stat meds, nurses and nursing students should rely on MedSurg Notes to help deliver high-quality care.
- Newly added sections on Renal and Endocrine, Emergency and Infections Tab.
- Updated CPR guidelines, including new coverage of “What happens during a code?” and “What’s the med-surg nurse’s role?”
- Covers advanced nursing procedures and concepts associated with urgent clinical situations.
- Uses a systems approach and is organized by symptom and medical diagnosis.
- Provides a framework for thinking in urgent situations.
- Sections includes an A & P Snapshot of the associated system.
- Each clinical situation includes a focused assessment tool.
- Reviews IV therapy, including indications for crystalloids, colloids, or blood products administration.
- Discusses ways to prevent and manages a medication error.
- Handling psychosocial emergencies in community health or home care settings.
- Includes obstetrical emergencies.
Provide instant access from within clinical topics to the
* Glasgow Coma Scale (GCS)
* Braden Scale Risk Assessment
* Mini Mental Status Exam