Drug Guide for Paramedics is an invaluable tool for any ALS provider who needs accurate, easily accessed information about patient medication. Serves as convenient field guide for emergency providers of all levels by providing current, reliable information about emergency drugs and their patients' medications.
This invaluable resource can be used by field providers before the call - to refresh their memories on emergency drug profiles and drug classes, during the call - to quickly identify their patients' home medications; and after the call - as an adjunct to accurate documentation.
- Includes newly added 13 FDA approved drugs.
- Updated drug profiles of more than 100 of the most commonly used emergency medications.
- Contains a home medications list with classifications for quick reference in the field.
- Drugs are described in terms of their Trade names, Classes, Therapeutic Action/Pharmacodynamics, Emergency Uses/Doses, Pharmacokinetics, Contraindications and Precautions, Adverse/Side Effects, Interactions and Prehospital Considerations.
- Convenient index allows rapid search by either trade or generic name.
- Conforms to the 1998 U.S. DOT EMT-Paramedic National Standard Curriculum and 2005 AHA Guidelines.
Provide instant access from within clinical topics to
* Weight Conversion
* Calculating Desired Volume Dose
* Calculating Medication Infusion Rates
* Calculating Infusion Volume over Time