Handbook of Signs and Symptoms
is a comprehensive guide, provides full descriptions for over 530 major signs and symptoms, with level of urgency, emergency interventions, guidelines for history and physical examination, common medical causes and other causes, and pediatric and geriatric pointers for group-specific consideration.
This authoritative resource helps in recognizing patient signs and symptoms, linking them to their most probable causes, and putting them in context with associated findings. This latest update is based on the 4th
edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates!
- Has all the assessment information busy clinicians need in a single source
- New information on patient teaching and obtaining a health history is included
- Describes physical examination findings in detail and clarifies the mechanics of performing even rarely used tests
- Provides a comprehensive description of common to unusual patient complaints, coupled with diagnostic testing that is both routine and specific
- It identifies specific signs and symptoms caused by emerging diseases such as avian flu, monkeypox, respiratory syncytial virus, norovirus, metabolic syndrome, blast lung injury, Kawasaki disease, and popcorn lung disease
- Features herbal medicines as possible causes, newest disease developments, and the geriatric pointers