The Essential Guide to Acute Care contains everything you really need to know about acute care that you can't find in a standard resource and have probably never been taught before.
Starting with the concept of patients at risk, this valuable resource explains how to recognise and manage the generic altered physiology that accompanies acute illness.
- The principles of acute care are explained simply yet comprehensively.
- Helps you understand what you need to do and why.
- Has been designed out of a passion to explain in simple terms "everything you really need to know but no one told you" about the recognition and management of a sick adult.
- Usage of case histories and mini tutorials summarising the evidence and current practice is intended to stimulate thought, and clarify the subject.
- Topics are designed to be read by individuals or used for group tutorials in acute care.
Provide instant access from within topics to Glasgow Coma Scale and Modified Early Warning Score (MEWS)!