Thoroughly updated for its Second Edition, Hospital Medicine offers practical, evidence-based guidelines for the care of hospitalized patients. The only resource geared directly and exclusively to inpatient management- and edited by the national leaders of the hospitalist field - Hospital Medicine includes indications for admission, guidelines for consultation, procedures for hospital discharge, diagnostic algorithms, and critical paths detailing effective, outcomes-oriented treatment plans for a range of diseases and disorders.
New sections in this resource focus on the hospitalist's increasing role in providing critical care, managing surgical patients with medical co-morbidities, ensuring patient safety and preventing adverse events, and directing hospital systems areas such as informatics, quality improvement, and practice management.
- Indispensable primary care for physicians, nurse practitioners, physician's assistants, inpatient pharmacists, residents, and students too!
- Focuses on the hospitalist's role in providing critical care, managing surgical patients with medical co-morbidities, improving safety and preventing adverse events.
- Approaches common hospital disorders and presentations from the perspective of the hospital physician, with a particular emphasis on the temporal flow of care in the hospital.
- Includes new sections focusing on leading systems changes in areas such as informatics, quality improvement, and practice management.
- Covers updated information on Vascular Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, Infectious Diseases, Renal Disease and many more!
Provide instant access from within topics to Glasgow Coma Scale and Harris-Benedict Equation for Estimating Energy Requirement!