Developed by clinical experts to provide fast and easy access to information needed to provide comprehensive care to adult patients in the primary care setting, this reference for nurse practitioner students focuses on commonly seen disorders of adults and addresses both the medical aspects of the disorder and the nursing concerns, as well as patient education. It presents the symptom-based problems that adults frequently bring to their primary care provider. An overview of the differential diagnoses and diagnostically oriented algorithms guide your students to an appropriate diagnosis and management plan.
- Focus on health promotion, anticipatory guidance, and disorder guidelines
- Focus on recommendations and guidelines, not theory
- ICD-9 codes added to all the disorders
- Discusses 172 disorders commonly seen in adults
- Reviews growth and development stages of the healthy male adult, with a brief overview of the female
- Discusses various approaches for assessing the client and obtaining all essential information in a timely fashion
- Each monograph includes definition, etiology, occurrence, age, ethnicity, gender, contributing factors, signs and symptoms, diagnostic tests, differential diagnosis, treatment, follow-up, sequelae, prevention/prophylaxis, referral guidelines, education, and references
- Rationales added to differential diagnoses that helps differentiate one disorder from another
- Complementary therapies added to treatment section
- Psychosocial issues discussed
- Organized by anatomical areas in a head-to-toe approach
- Each disorder section contains an overview of the essential elements to focus on during assessment
With Skyscape's patented smARTlink™ technology, NpAdults2™ can easily cross-index with other titles from Skyscape to provide a powerful and integrated source of clinical information that you can carry with you anytime and anywhere!