Mosby's Pocket Guide to Nursing Skills and Procedures
is a practical, portable resource for students and practitioners in the clinical setting. It includes more than 80 essential nursing skills, listed alphabetically and presented in an easy-to-follow, step-by-step format.
Step-by-step instructions include full-color photos plus rationales explaining why to use specific techniques. With the latest in evidence-based practice, this resource helps you perform basic nursing skills safely and effectively.
This latest update is based on the 7th
edition and 2011
print edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
- Presents 83 skills with rationales for each step explaining why to use specific techniques
- A gloving logo identifies skills in which clean gloves should be worn or gloves should be changed in order to minimize the risk of infection
- Safety alerts highlight important information for patient safety and effective performance of skills
- Reporting and recording guidelines include a bulleted list of what should be documented in the patient records
- Unexpected outcomes and related interventions help you troubleshoot potential problems and take appropriate actions to address them
- Alphabetical organization of skills makes it easy to find information quickly