Here is the classic resource available on mobile device to drug-dosing for patients with impaired renal function! Easy-to-read sections put the information you need when determining dosages for more than 450 drugs at your fingertips. Plus, this invaluable resource features brand-new guidance on pediatric dosing, making it the most complete resource of its kind.
Because the kidney is the major regulator of the internal fluid environment, the physiologic changes associated with renal disease have pronounced effects on the pharmacology of many drugs. Manage these effects successfully with this handy resource.
- Details the biochemical and physiological effects of drugs in patients with renal failure.
- Emphasizes those medications eliminated by the kidney as well as the importance of the patient's glomerular filtration rate (GFR).
- Added important medications used in the pediatric population.
- Includes recommendations for supplemental drug dosing during renal replacement therapies, coverage of antimicrobial and antiviral agents, and much more!
- Separate sections on Adult and Pediatric dosages for more than 450 drugs covering:
- Antihypertensive and Cardiovascular Agents
- Antimicrobial Agents
- Miscellaneous Agents
- Sedatives, Hypnotics, and Other Drugs Used in Psychiatry
- Drugs are listed in alphabetical order by generic name under subdivisions based on similarity of structure and pharmacologic action.