Manual of I.V. Therapeutics, 4th Edition, is a self-paced reference designed to help the student, novice, or advanced practitioner in any setting where infusion-related skills are necessary. This new edition continues to emphasize standards of practice using the guidelines of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Intravenous Nursing Society (INS) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Includes a new chapter, "Venipuncture for Blood Withdrawal"
- Provides competency criteria for hospital policy and procedure development required by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO)
- Provides detailed step-by-step procedures for such practices as subcutaneous infusion of pain medication, peripherally inserted catheters (PICCs), epidural pain medication administration, and patient controlled analgesic therapy
- Includes Competency Skill Checklists for evaluating procedures.
- Emphasizes delivery of IV therapy in the home setting Includes boxes for age-related considerations as well as cultural considerations in delivering I.V. care.
- "Nursing Fast Fact" boxes throughout chapters highlight critical content
- "Nursing Points-of-Care" boxes spotlight assessment and intervention guidelines for quick access to core clinical content
- Covers delivery of I.V. therapy in the home setting
- Highlights important information, such as:
- Cultural and age-related considerations in delivering I.V. care
- Patient care critical content in the form of Nursing Fast Fact boxes
- Assessment and intervention guidelines for quick access to core clinical content in the form of Nursing Points-of-Care boxes
With Skyscape's patented smARTlink™ technology, MnlIVTher™ can easily cross-index with other clinical and drug prescription products from Skyscape to provide a powerful and integrated source of clinical information that you can carry with you wherever you go!
*Desktop version requires Windows 98 or higher.