Skyscape Medical Library - MedBeats™
Need to stay up on the latest developments in your medical specialty? Skyscape's free MedBeats™ service delivers in-context and specialty focused journal summaries, trial results, breaking clinical news, drug alerts and information right to your mobile device. In addition, MedBeats messages are fully integrated with the rest of your Skyscape resources for global search and SmartLink, so you can be sure to always have the most current information at your fingertips.
How MedBeats works
MedBeats is built right into the Skyscape Medical Library app. Every time you open the app, you will be notified if new information is available by a red badge on the MedBeats icon. Tap on the icon to browse new headlines
Global Search and SmartSearch
MedBeats topics also show up when you perform a global search using Skyscape's SmartSearch™ feature.
In this case, we searched for propofol and the search returned every resource that provides information about the drug—including a new article appearing in MedBeats about its use in sedation for colonoscopies.
Deleting MedBeats messages
You may delete MedBeats messages or edit your specialty areas at any time. Simply tap on the "Edit" button and select the messages you wish to delete by tapping the red and white circle to the left of the title.
Speciality Interest group
Based on your profession and specialty, two areas of interest have been pre-selected for you.
However, you may edit these choices at any time. Simply tap on the "Edit" button and then the "Specialty" button. Unselect one of your current settings and choose another specialty area. You may select up to two.
Return to the MedBeats home screen and new topics will appear if any are available. You can also perform a global search to find information on just the subject you need.
- Jul 19, 2016: Docusate sodium oral liquid recalled by PharmaTech, alerts FDA
- Jul 19, 2016: Emergence of reduced susceptibility to gonorrhea drug combo, cause for concern
- Jul 19, 2016: Sexual transmission of Zika virus infection from female to male
- Jul 06, 2016: FDA approves first all-oral, pan-genotypic, single tablet regimen for HCV treatment
- Jun 24, 2016: Clinical epidemiology of pediatric Clostridium difficile infection-associated reactive arthritis