Skyscape Medical Library - MedBeats™
Need to stay up on the latest developments in your medical specialty? Skyscape's free MedBeats™ service delivers in-context and specialty focused journal summaries, trial results, breaking clinical news, drug alerts and information right to your mobile device. In addition, MedBeats messages are fully integrated with the rest of your Skyscape resources for global search and SmartLink, so you can be sure to always have the most current information at your fingertips.
How MedBeats works
MedBeats is built right into the Skyscape Medical Library app. Every time you open the app, you will be notified if new information is available by a red badge on the MedBeats icon. Tap on the icon to browse new headlines
Global Search and SmartSearch
MedBeats topics also show up when you perform a global search using Skyscape's SmartSearch™ feature.
In this case, we searched for propofol and the search returned every resource that provides information about the drug—including a new article appearing in MedBeats about its use in sedation for colonoscopies.
Deleting MedBeats messages
You may delete MedBeats messages or edit your specialty areas at any time. Simply tap on the "Edit" button and select the messages you wish to delete by tapping the red and white circle to the left of the title.
Speciality Interest group
Based on your profession and specialty, two areas of interest have been pre-selected for you.
However, you may edit these choices at any time. Simply tap on the "Edit" button and then the "Specialty" button. Unselect one of your current settings and choose another specialty area. You may select up to two.
Return to the MedBeats home screen and new topics will appear if any are available. You can also perform a global search to find information on just the subject you need.
- May 15, 2015: Paliperidone palmitate therapy superior to oral antipsychotics in schizophrenia management
- May 15, 2015: Clinical usefulness of nucleic acid amplification tests in etiological diagnosis of patients with suspected sepsis
- May 13, 2015: To determine whether or not to initiate statin therapy in young adults with dyslipidemia
- May 02, 2015: Ankle exercises in supine position increase cerebral blood oxygenation in the elderly
- May 02, 2015: DNA methylation changes in offspring associated with maternal depression